Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen

Title: A Street Cat Named Bob
Author: James Bowen
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books
Publish Date: July 30, 2013
Source: Library





What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "When James Bowen found an injured, ginger street cat curled up in the hallway of his sheltered accommodation, he had no idea just how much his life was about to change. James was living hand to mouth on the streets of London and the last thing he needed was a pet.

Yet James couldn't resist helping the strikingly intelligent tom cat, whom he quickly christened Bob. He slowly nursed Bob back to health and then sent the cat on his way, imagining he would never see him again. But Bob had other ideas.

Soon the two were inseparable and their diverse, comic and occasionally dangerous adventures would transform both their lives, slowly healing the scars of each other's troubled pasts."


My Two Cents:

"A Street Cat Named Bob" is the story of James, a man in London who is down on his luck, and Bob, a street cat, that becomes James' best friend and confidante. This book definitely pulled on my heartstrings and I know that it is destined to be a great pick for all of my fellow animal lovers out there. This is yet another book in a very long line that shows how important and fulfilling the human/animal bond can be and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one.

I love animals and I love reading books about animals. As a pet owner myself, I am well aware of how much joy my creatures bring to me. It was really awesome to read about how James' relationship with Bob really helped him to get on his feet because he had Bob to take care of. James' life definitely wasn't easy and at first, he was making a lot of decisions that made his life even harder but eventually he turns it all around. Bob seems like a really amazing creature (I love how he rode around with James)and I liked reading about the effect that Bob had on the people that James and Bob met while making their rounds. In a lot of ways, Bob helped people to see James as a person and not just some nobody out on the streets.

This book is a fast read and animal lovers are going to love it! This book would be a perfect pick for those who love a good feel good book and those that want to know a little bit more about the plight of the poor. Overall, this was very entertaining read.


  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...