Sunday, July 6, 2014

Review: The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz

Title: The Four Agreements
Author: Miguel Ruiz
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Amber-Allen Publishing
Publish Date: 1997
Source: Owned






What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "In The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, the Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love. The Four Agreements are: Be Impeccable With Your Word, Don't Take Anything Personally, Don't Make Assumptions, Always Do Your Best."

My Two Cents:

I read "The Four Agreements" based on the suggestion of a mentor. This is a very simple book but one that I know that I will refer to again and again in the future. Even though the book is simple, the prescriptions within the book are ones that need to be practiced actively, mindfully, and consistently. This is a short book with a lot of good information.

Although I am using this book as a tool for my work, I think it is also a very good book to inform some of the things that I do outside as well. This book does have a bit of a religious Christian bend to it although I think it has a lot of application for anyone regardless of whether or not they are religious.

I suggest this book for anyone that is looking to make some improvements in their life.  


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...