Thursday, June 30, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (8): Personal Library


This week, Booking Through Thursday asks: What’s the largest your personal library has ever been? What’s the greatest number of books you’ve ever owned at one time? (Estimates are fine.) Is your collection NOW the biggest it’s ever been? Or have you down-sized? What’s the fewest number of books you’ve ever owned (not counting your pre-reading years)?

Oh boy, this is another loaded question! I don't count how many books I own. Ignorance is bliss. About 6 months, the husband and I moved from a spacious suburban apartment to a smaller urban apartment. I love our new place but it meant putting a good chunk of my books into storage at my parents house. I've definitely accumulated a lot more books since moving as well (oh book blogging, how you feed my habit!). I won't even venture to guess how many books I have between the ones in storage and the ones still in my new apartment. That number would be truly frightening!

How many books do you have in your personal library?

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your move. I am glad you have some place you can store your books. I would be so upset if I didn't.

    My BTT answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, storing books seems like one way to go...instead of giving them away!

    Here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right...ignorance is bliss in some things. :) Here is my answer: http://schooloutofschool.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday-size-matters.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how many books I have either. It's too tiring to think about even trying to count them!

    Ubiquitous...that's books for me...Booking Through Thursday: Size Matters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storage is another way of making room.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we moved to this house I had to downsize the books too. lol

    I used to have a bookshelf and on each shelf had a double storied row of books at the front and back so basically 4 rows on each shelf.

    The book case had 3 shelves so we're talking 12 rows of books. lol

    Now I reckon I have about 100 books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) I did clean some books out but it was nice to know that I had a safe place for the books that I knew I probably wouldn't want to read for the next couple years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow Oh, I gave plenty away too. Sharing is caring when it comes to books ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...