Thursday, June 2, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (5): Reading Book Reviews


This week, Booking Through Thursday asks: Do you read book reviews? Whose do you trust? Do they affect your reading habits? Your buying habits?

Of course I read book reviews. I am a book blogger. I get my reviews from a couple places. Namely other bloggers with similar tastes to mine and I also read reviews through the Washington Post and NPR's book blog. I trust all of those sources. If the review makes me interested in a book, I add it to my TBR list (check out my Goodreads link below and you'll see my TBR stands at well over 700 books! Eek and yay!).

I try very, very hard to get most of my books from the library. I would have to live in a cardboard box if I bought every single book that I read, which would be sad because I don't think all of my books would fit in the cardboard box and my husband and cats may be a little upset having to live outside and all. So anyway, the book buying must be constrained.

What say you? Where do you get your book reviews?

6 comments:

  1. I read book reviews too. For one thing I always like to see what other people are reading. It's a good way of discovering new authors or finding someone who loves the same books as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for using the library! Good for you - I do as much as I can though it is hard in my small town.

    Here is my BTT Answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-Ha...yes, that old cardboard box would not be a fun place to read!

    Thanks for sharing...here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good reply.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buy most of my books so I do a lot of checking around if I'm unsure of a book so I read lots of reviews.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thoughts! And...I thought MY TBR list was long! :) That's OK, though...there's no such thing as having too many possibilities of things to read.

    Thanks so much for commenting and following! I'm returning the favor.

    Cindy @ Cindy's Book Club

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...