Yay! It's time for Armchair BEA. Don't know what Armchair BEA is? Check out the website! And then sign up and participate :)
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
I'm Meg. I've been blogging for almost a year and a half now (hard to believe!!!). I started book blogging to share my love of reading with my fellow readers. I also really wanted to help others find books that they love.
2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
I'm currently reading Slant of Light by Steve Wiegenstein (historical fiction). Probably my favorite read so far this year was Written in Ashes by K. Hollan Van Zandt.
3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I live in DC and it's one of my very favorite cities in the world. I can't imagine living anywhere outside of this area!
4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
I have a meme called Literary Locale where I talk about where I'm reading about or just where I'm reading in general. I have so much fun with it!
5. Where do you see your blog in five years?
I hope that I'm still writing about all of the great books out there and helping find my fellow readers some great books to read!
6. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
This probably changes on a daily basis. Here is one of my more recent posts that I really like: Ebooks from the Library?
7. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
This is probably another one that changes every day for me. I would love to eat dinner with Ernest Hemingway. I think he was a fascinating guy. I'd love to talk about all of his travels with him. I love to travel too!
8. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
Oh, this is so hard. Reading and traveling are probably my two most favorite activities ever. I think I'd like to go back to London and take a literary tour of some kind. There is so much history and so many stories there!
9. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
I love my fellow readers. I don't know a lot of people IRL that read as much as I do but in the book blogging community, I've found some amazing people that share that love.
With some of the drama that has gone on in the past couple months and weeks (no need to rehash it here), I hope we can be more respectful of each other and love each other for just being a part of this great community!
10. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
Only slightly. Before I started book blogging, I did not know anything about indie publishers or self-publishers. I had no clue that these things existed. Book blogging opened up a whole new world for me in that regard!
Are you participating in Armchair BEA this year?