Friday, May 24, 2013

Literary Locale!



Although it has been storming in D.C. lately, I have the outdoors and the beach on the brain. I'm a week closer to going to the Historical Novel Society conference in St. Petersburg, Florida, which is right on the coast.

In the meantime, I'm craving some more summery reading. Yes, I have different kinds of books that I like to read. Winter calls for cozy and more serious books. Summer calls for a little bit lighter reading and I love when it involves armchair traveling (although armchair traveling is for every season). Fall and Spring are somewhere in between.

While armchair traveling is for any time, I usually like to read about places that I would like to go on vacation to visit. Not all of them are necessarily summery places but I love reading about them when I'm a little more relaxed and usually daydreaming about my own vacations.

My top picks of these places are (in no particular order):

1. London
2. Paris
3. Any beach
4. In the mountains
5. The Italian Countryside
 

Does anyone else out there have different reading tastes for different times of the year? Where are your favorite places to read about during the summer?


5 comments:

  1. I am an armchair traveler because I don't fly. Yes I know... it sucks. So I love to read about places in other countries!! So fun where I can imagine myself in that location!!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flying isn't my favorite but mostly I hate how much you have to go through to get on the plane! Thank goodness for books making armchair traveling easy!

      Delete
  2. My tastes don't really change with the season - more with my mood and how stressed I am from work vs if I'm on vacation. Speaking of which...I'll be at the HNS conference too! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Paris and any beach are perfect settings for summer. The Italian countryside too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...