Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day and Announcements!






First things first, today is Memorial Day. Yeah, it's nice that many of us have off but try not to lose sight of the reason we have this day. I am happy to know a lot of people who have served (and are still serving) in the military and they are absolutely amazing to me. I love that we have this day to celebrate them and to remember those that gave so much for this country that I love.


Announcements:

I wanted to mention that Shelf Pleasure is doing a summer  book club this summer for Year of the Gadfly, a book that I have been very excited to read! They are going to have some online chats with the author, Jennifer Miller,  so it should be pretty cool!

There are still several giveaways going on here at A Bookish Affair:
Win a copy of Murder as a Fine Art!
Win an ebook copy of A Prince to be Feared!
Win a copy of Spartacus: Rebellion!
Win a copy of What My Mother Gave Me!

With regard to the What My Mother Gave Me giveaway, the editor, Elizabeth Benedict, found my review and has offered to give the winners of the giveaway a signed book plate! How cool is that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...