Friday, May 10, 2013

Bookish Deals: Journey across the Four Seas by Veronica Li

Looking for something to read in honor of Mother's Day this weekend? Journey across the Four Seas by Veronica Li will be free on Kindle May 11 and 12 at http://tinyurl.com/43ycrkj



Here's a blurb from the author:

Journey across the Four Seas is a true story of my mother’s life.  While caring for her in her last years, I recorded her life stories and wove them into a memoir.  It was my way of thanking her for all that she’d done for me.  The book is about her struggle to get an education for herself and later for her children.  For the sake of their education, she was willing to emigrate from China to the U.S.  Because of her, my siblings and I are living out the American dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...