Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Prince William and Kate by Matt Doeden

Title: Prince William and Kate
Author: Matt Doeden
Publisher: Lerner Publishing Group
Published Date: September 1, 2011
Source: NetGalley



Why You're Reading This Book:

- You were one of the millions that got up to watch Prince William and Catherine get married.

What's the Story?:

This is a middle grade/ young adult book about the romance of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. It covers their relationship from their days at St. Andrew's University to their wedding in April 2011.

My Two Cents:

It's probably not a secret that I'm into all things royal and I'm a sucker for a good love story. I love the story of Prince William and Kate Middleton. He was one of the most famous bachelors in the world and she was a middle-class girl from the English Countryside. The fact that they fell in love is just way romantic to me. When I saw that I could get this book off of Netgalley, I jumped for it.

Are you going to learn anything new about their relationship? No, not really. The book doesn't really shed any new light on their relationship that hasn't already been covered extensively on tv or in magazines. It's a quick, heartwarming read. The pictures are gorgeous and while many of them have been seen extensively in magazines and other books and the like, it's a great collection all in one book.

Bottom line: This book would make a great gift for a middle grade or young adult person who has an interest in the royal family. Although any adult who has been intrigued by the love affair between Will and Kate will probably like this book as well.

My Review:
3.5 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. While I am a bit of an Anglophile, I've never known much about William and Kate's courtship. Looks like a cute book!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...