Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Library Loot: May 18- 24


I went wild at the library this week. Eek! Library, why do you have to be so tempting?

I've been seeing this book pop up a lot on various blogs so when I saw it in the new book section, I had to get it.




I've also been seeing a lot about Sarah Dessen on different blogs. The library had two books by her on the shelves and both looked good so I got both (this is how so many of my library trips go).


Then I saw this book near the Dessen books and I've really been wanting to read it so I also picked this one up.


This book was also in the new book section. HRH was just in DC talking with our President about sustainability. He also visited a sustainable farm in our city (yes, Washington DC has a farm in it. How cool is that?)


I've been hearing a lot of good things about this book! I can't wait to read it!


This is the second in the series!

So that's everything that I got!

What did you get at the library this week?



20 comments:

  1. What a great haul! I've heard great things about The Tiger's Wife, too. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many great reads, I'm excited to hear how you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul! I'm really excited to read The Tiger's Wife and, after having been on the library hold list for a few months, it now shows 'in transit' to me. Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have The Truth About Forever on my shelf at home. I hear great things about Dessen's books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great assortment of books. I've only read Tiger's Wife. I liked it, but not a quick read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a library addict as well- when they see me coming they head right over to the hold desk to get the million books that have arrived for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a lot about The Tiger's Wife lately. I figure that eventually I'll get around to it too. I'm one of the only people left on the planet who has never read any of the Dessen books, and I plan to remedy this problem very soon! Thanks for sharing your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of the first book, its very funky.

    Happy reading this week Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jenna (Literature and a Lens) I'm very excited to read it! I've been on the library waiting list for a few months now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Linda Yes! I'm excited to finally read her after hearing so many good things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea I've heard that too. I like a little difficult reading every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Allison I love the feeling of being able to pick up books that I've been waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @SweetestLittleBookworm I'll let you know if the Dessen books live up to the hype ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an excellent haul this week! I love Sarah Dessen, I'm actually reading 'Along for the Ride' by her right now. I haven't read the two you chose, but have them on my list. I'm going to have to add the book about Prince Charles to my TBR list, I'd never heard of/seen that before and it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Tanner book is beautiful! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...