Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Literary Locale: William Wallace's Scottish Highlands






Whenever I get bored, I've been known to drive my husband nuts with talking about the next place I want to travel to. One of the trips that I've been thinking a lot about recently is going to England, Ireland and Scotland. I've been to London and want to go again but I'd love to see what else England has to offer. And, well, since I'd already be over there, I'd want to go to Ireland and Scotland again. After reading The Forest Laird last week, my appetite for Scotland has most definitely increased.

In The Forest Laird, as the title suggests, William Wallace spends much of his time in the lush, green forests of Scotland. After looking at these pictures, I can definitely see why he loved it so. I always have a really romanticized idea in my head as to what it would be like to have a home in the woods.

Photo Credit


Photo Credit

Old Man of Storr (Photo Credit)
Photo Credit

Where are you reading this week?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, you really must go to Scotland! You'll enjoy it. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scotland is incredible -- definitely visit if you get the chance! I was there this time last year and fell in love with the country. It's really like something out of a fairytale. Ireland is gorgeous, too, and you know I adore England, but there's really something awesome about Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in London me and a friend decided to take a bus up to Aberdeen (it was £1). We left London at around 23.00 and spent most of the night sleeping. However, when we woke up (the trip was about 12 hours) we were in pure awe of the beautiful countryside of England and Scotland. We were in Aberdeen and then went to Edinburgh and we absolutely loved it. well, everything apart from the bagpipers. Luckily we then flew back to London, but we still talk about that bustrip.

    Then I've lived in Ireland for a couple of years and that is a beautiful country, and Dublin is amazing. Make sure to take a day off (if you can) to travel up to Northern Ireland as well. I lived in Belfast (I know, I'm a proper vagrant) and it is one of the best cities I've visited. So much history there, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...