Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Literary Locale: Turning the Page's Carpe Librum


I'm always on the look out for bookish events going on around the DC metro area so I was very excited when I happened upon Turning the Page's pop up book sale, which has been deemed Carpe Librum. Of course, the pop up book sale was going on in a spot in between the Metro and my gym. Every day for a week, I walked past Carpe Librum on the way to the gym. As much as I wanted to go in, I knew that I better get to the gym before the inspiration left. So I saved my trip until Friday and it was totally worth the wait.



Turning the Page's mission is "Turning the Page links D.C. public schools, families and our community so that, together, we can ensure D.C. students receive valuable educational resources and a high-quality public education." The Carpe Librum book sale goes to support this wonderful organization.

For you locals, the book sale is at 17th and L.

Mmm, books.





And here's what I got from the book sale. 

I really hope that any one that is planning to be in the DC area gets a chance to support Turning the Page. The book sale lasts until May 3!

Where is your Literary Locale this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...