Thursday, November 24, 2011

Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publish Date: January 25, 2011
Source: Own






Why You're Reading This Book:

  • You like a little magic.
  • You enjoy good world building.
What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back."

My Two Cents:

Meghan Chase has been exiled from both the Unseelie and the Seelie Courts. She isn't sure where to go. She's called back to Faery as she may be the only one that can save the faery world from the Iron fey who are bent on destroying everything in the faery world. Because Meghan has both the summer and iron magic, she may be the only one who can stop the Iron fey and the False King leading the charge.

This was a great episode of this series. It had a lot more action than the previous two books. There was more adventures and more battles. Meghan really comes into her own when she realizes how much power she has.

If you  haven't read the previous books in the series (The Iron King and The Iron Daughter), you may want to go back and read those books or you may be really lost!

Another good read!





Title: Summer's Crossing

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...