Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Memes!


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic is Top Ten Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List (basically an auto-buy list is no questions asked..you love this author so much that no matter what they wrote next you'd buy regardless of genre or subject matter):

These are in no particular order. All of these authors are absolutely fantastic! (I'm a total fangirl):

'Cause I can't! Seriously!


  1. David Sedaris
  2. Augusten Burroughs
  3. Khaled Hosseini
  4. Isabel Allende
  5. Stephanie Perkins
  6. Jodi Picoult  
  7. Haruki Murakami
  8. Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  9. Jen Lancaster
  10. Megan McCafferty
Ugh, there's at least another dozen people that could go on this list!

Who would be on your list?

First Chapter First Paragraph is hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea
 

 

"Perspective. I need to get perspective. It's not an earthquake or a crazed gunman or a nuclear meltdown, is it? On the scale of disasters, this is not huge. Not huge. One day I expect that I'll look back at this moment and laugh and think, Haha, how silly I was to worry- "
 
Would you keep reading?

    
 

15 comments:

  1. I'd keep reading, mainly because Sophia Kinsella is on my auto buy list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her Shopaholic series. There's actually a couple books in that series that I have yet to read!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Great top 10 list, Meg! It's a great mix of authors and their genres. Stephanie Perkins is the only one I'm not familiar with but I'll look her up. Murakami, Marquez and Allende are great!

      Delete
    2. I finished it last night! It was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  3. I think I'd keep reading since I want to know what she's concerned about.

    I really enjoyed Sophie Kinsella's Shopoholic series. I'm interested in your review of this book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple Shopaholic books that I still need to read!!! So much to read, so little time!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I finished the Kinsella book last night. It was definitely a fun read!

      Delete
  5. Great list, I have yet to read some of these authors, but I stay adamant that one day I will!
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie Perkins was on my TTT list as well. I just love Anna and the French Kiss, and I really enjoyed Lola and the Boy Next Door. I cannot wait for Isla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's fantastic! I wish her books would come out faster!!!

      Delete
  7. Oh that does sound FUN, Meg - enjoy and thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the Kinsella book last night. It was so much fun!

      Delete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...