Thursday, February 21, 2013

Booking Through Thursday!

Booking Through Thursday is hosted here

Today's question is: How often do you visit a library? Do you go to borrow books? Do research? Check out the multi-media center? Hang out with the friendly and knowledgeable staff? Are you there out of love or out of need?



I love, love, love the library! I always have. Heck, I'm trying to get a free night in a library like hotel just because I love being surrounded by books so much. It is probably one of my favorite places in the world. The library is the reason that I am not living in a refrigerator box somewhere due to lack of funds. The library has always allowed me to read as voraciously as I want without bankrupting myself (a major bonus, no?). I usually only go to browse for books but back in high school, college, and grad school, I did a lot of researching and studying at the library (you could not beat the quiet study rooms).

My library is quite small right now and isn't all that great. It's in sort of a run down mall until the new library opens this summer. I've seen plans for the new library and it looks amazing and is about a 5 minute drive from my house. I am counting down the days until the new library opens!

What say you?

7 comments:

  1. I still remember the grim days back in the late seventies when funding closed a lot of library branches. The thought of losing something so precious made me appreciate it more.

    Now things are better, and while I have my own books, I am now requesting books from the library again.

    Here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't go to my library because the english books are few and far between. I use to go when I was younger but now I just buy my own books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of books to read at home, I only go to the library to return books for my daughter.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/booking-through-thursday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the library just this morning and picked up a couple of books that I had reserved. I love the library.
    2 Kids and Tired Books BTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work in a library, so this is an easy question! I still find myself buying many books, though, because I like having them at home on my shelves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go to the library all the time. I was just at the library on Wednesday night to get more books to read. I was running low on books to read. It's the only way I can take out and read new books that have been released. The book store in my town doesn't have that great of a selection of books. I just love the feel of going to the library because there are so many books that can be taken out to read.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...