Thursday, April 20, 2017

Historical Novel Society Conference 2017

If you have followed this blog for any length of time, you know that I love historical fiction. I love being a member of the Historical Novel Society, in fact, I've been named Queen of my local chapter, the Chesapeake Bay Chapter

HNS has a conference every year. One year, it's in the United States and the next, it's across the pond in England. Unfortunately England is too far away to travel right now with little kids but I have been to the past two HNS conferences in Denver, CO in 2015 and St. Petersburg, FL in 2013. This year, the conference will be in Portland, OR and I'm going again!



I've never been to Portland before and I am so excited to go! Aside from the conference, I am looking forward to visiting Powell's Books and Voodoo Doughnuts

The conference should be amazing! I will be on a panel with Jenny of Historical Editorial and Let Them Read Books and Sarah of Reading the Past talking about book reviews!

One of the events that I am looking most forward to is Hooch through History: from Mead to Martinis. "Take a look at this description: Hooch through History: from Mead to Martinis will offer a tasting flight across the centuries, from the Middle Ages to the Mad Men era of the Swinging Sixties. On Friday from 5:00-6:30, our spirit-ual guide, food and beverage historian Isobel Carr, will lead us through the whats, whys, and wheres of six different period-accurate beverages. Never tasted absinthe before? Don’t know how it’s prepared? Wonder why it was banned and whether it really is an aphrodisiac? You won’t want to miss this! Participants receive a souvenir absinthe spoon as well" Sounds fun, no?

Who else is going to HNS? What else should I do while I am there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...