Saturday, August 11, 2012

Review: Ali in Wonderland by Ali Wentworth

Title: Ali in Wonderland
Author: Ali Wentworth
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Harper
Publish Date: February 7, 2012
Source: Library






Why You're Reading This Book:

  • You're a memoir fan. 
  • You love to laugh.
What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Chelsea Handler meets Nora Ephron in this uproarious memoir from an acclaimed actress and comedian. Told in her unique and irresistible voice, "Ali in Wonderland" captures the author's sometimes challenging, often crazy journey to define herself on her own terms and claim her place in the world."

My Two Cents:

I know of Ali Wentworth mostly because she's George Stephanopoulos' wife (I'm a huge Stephanopoulos fan) but she's also an actress and has a career in her own right. Also, Ali Wentworth is pretty funny. This book is her memoir told through a set of stories. Being born and raised in Washington, DC, Ali got to meet some pretty interesting people. The story of Henry Kissinger playing in the pool with her while she was a little girl at her parents house cracked me up (it's so hard to imagine people like that doing normal things!). As Ali points out, these sorts of events were sort of a normal occurrence. DC is a pretty small town for those who run in the higher circles.

This is definitely an entertaining book. It's light and at least one thing in each chapter made me laugh out loud (the true sign of a really funny book). I had to read some things out loud to my husband because he kept asking me what I was laughing about.

This is a great, light read with quite a few laughs!


 

1 comment:

  1. Ali Webtworth is so crazy!! It's so weird to me that she is married to George Stephanopolous because they seem so different!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...