Sunday, August 24, 2014

Odds and Ends: Concerts, Dangerous Cooking, and Street Teams

It's been a busy but (mostly) fun weekend in ABookishAffair-land. Last night, I went to go see the Miranda Lambert/ Justin Moore/ Thomas Rhett concert with my mom, aunt, and sisters. My sister had gotten tickets for everyone for Mother's Day and I think both of the mothers were of the opinion that the concert was a great gift to wait for!

The concert was outside and we had lawn seats. I had been watching the weather all week to see if it was going to rain at all and up until late in the week, it looked like the weather was going to be just fine. Unfortunately for us, the weather had other plans and it absolutely poured all day. By the time it was almost time for the concert, the rain was still spitting a little bit but it was mostly okay. We had a great time with a lot of dancing. It was a great concert to end the summer with.

This morning, I woke up and started doing some cooking to prepare for the week. I made banana ice cream, tropical granola, and cucumber chips. I was feeling industrious but unfortunately for me, I cut my finger pretty badly on a mandoline (ouch, those things are sharp)! Luckily, no stitches were necessary but my poor finger just bled and bled and bled. It really hurts! My pinky is probably going to have to be wrapped up for a good couple days. Hey, at least all of the food was tasty!

And then on to book news, I did want to let you all know that I am taking a part in Sherry Jones' street team. Jones is the author of such books as "White Heart" and "Four Sisters, All Queens." She has a really exciting book coming out in November called "The Sharp Hook of Love." You will want to check out her site where she is giving away copies of "White Heart!"

I also got some pretty good book mail this past week. As you all may know, I have absolutely loved Stephanie Thornton's historical fiction books! She is coming out with yet another book that looks absolutely fabulous. It's called "The Tiger Queens" and it is about the women of Genghis Khan (ooooo! ahhhhh!). Look at what my copy of the book came with:

How cute is that scroll?

Here's to making it a good week!

1 comment:

  1. How fun that you went to that concert! It has been busy for me too this summer with lots of family visits. I need some reading time! LOLOL! I love that scroll. Neat way to package a book.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...