This will be my first time participating in TGIF but I could not pass up this question! This week's question is:
Book Blogger Retreat: If you could gather up a handful of book blogger friends to spend a weekend away talking books, where would you go? Tell us about it.
Well, if you insist. I will be going away this weekend but to visit family, which is always fun but it means that I won't be doing a lot of reading. Virtual reading vacay it is then!!!!
So where would I go? If we can only go for a weekend, it would have to be somewhere driveable. Luckily the DC area is equally close to the beach and mountains. It's not quite beach weather so let's go to the Shenandoah mountains.
Ah, that's a nice lake. We'll start a campfire as soon as we get there and set up comfy chairs around so we can get to reading.
We all might need a little break from reading so lets discuss everything books while we take a nice, little hike through the mountains.
We'll pack a picnic and our books so we can sit by the waterfall and read and munch.
Who's with me? Where would you go for a bookish weekend away?
Don't forget all the great giveaways I have going on right now. Today's the last day for The Descendants giveaway:
- You could win a copy of The Descendants (book and movie!)! Giveaway ends March 30!
- You could win a copy of Capturing the Silken Thief by Jeannie Lin! (A Part of Romance at Random's Luck O' the Irish Blog Hop. Also, you can win a gc from RaR). Giveaway ends March 31!
- You could win a copy of The King's Agent! Giveaway ends 4/3.
- You could win a copy of Dinner With Lisa by R.L. Prendergast! Giveaway ends 4/4.
- You could win a copy of We Bought a Zoo (book and movie!)! Giveaway ends 4/13!