Friday, March 30, 2012

TGIF at GReads (1): Book Blogger Getaway


This will be my first time participating in TGIF but I could not pass up this question! This week's question is:

Book Blogger Retreat: If you could gather up a handful of book blogger friends to spend a weekend away talking books, where would you go? Tell us about it.


Well, if you insist. I will be going away this weekend but to visit family, which is always fun but it means that I won't be doing a lot of reading. Virtual reading vacay it is then!!!!

So where would I go? If we can only go for a weekend, it would have to be somewhere driveable. Luckily the DC area is equally close to the beach and mountains. It's not quite beach weather so let's go to the Shenandoah mountains.


Ah, that's a nice lake. We'll start a campfire as soon as we get there and set up comfy chairs around so we can get to reading.


We all might need a little break from reading so lets discuss everything books while we take a nice, little hike through the mountains.


We'll pack a picnic and our books so we can sit by the waterfall and read and munch.

Who's with me? Where would you go for a bookish weekend away?




Don't forget all the great giveaways I have going on right now. Today's the last day for The Descendants giveaway:

11 comments:

  1. Well....DC is a little far for me, so I guess it's not drivable. Then again, ANYPLACE at the beach is quite a haul for me, so....LET'S GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Can I come? You can come with me to Belize after and we'll lie in a hammock on the beach, drink amazing fresh fruit drinks and read to our hearts' content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I really want to go to Belize. I'm actually going on a cruise in May and one of the stops is Belize City.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have a nice place to go! But beach always wins my vote... guess that's what happens when you grew up by the beach... and it has to be a rugged beach with rocky outcroppings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love a beach like that. Mid-Atlantic beaches don't really have any of that going on!

      Delete
  4. That looks gorgeous, and kind of along the lines of where I'd take my book reading friends (of which I only have one who loves books as much as I do). So, I'd rent a private Island just outside the coast of Sweden (during summer, of course) and we'd spend the day rowing (one of us rowing and the other reading aloud from their favourite works) and the evening by a fire talking about books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Shenandoah Mountains sounds like a wonderful destination for such a getaway! It should probably be in the fall though - I seem to remember that was THE place to go for leaf watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's been years since I've been out there to leaf watch but its definitely a gorgeous sight!

      Delete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...