Monday, August 31, 2015

#Dryland1992: Mixed-Tape Memories

As I mentioned last week, I'm going to be participating in a bunch of activities to celebrate the pub week for Dryland by Sara Jaffe.

Here's the lineup for pub-week:
  • Monday, 8/31: Mixed-Tape Memories: Post a picture of a favorite cassette tape, mention a favorite memory or artist/album/playlist
  • Tuesday, 9/1: Then and Now Around Town: How as your city changed since '92?
    Wednesday, 9/2: On Wednesdays We Wear Plaid: Post a picture of yourself wearing plaid with the book!
  • Thursday, 9/3: Not-So Current Events: Reminiscence on events in your life and in the news in '92
  • Friday, 9/4: Favorite Picture Friday: Dare to share a picture of yourself rocking overalls, crimped hair, choker necklaces...we will, too!

On to today's topic: Mixed-Tape Memories!

So in 1992, I would have been 7 years old. I was being raised on a healthy diet of pop and rock. I was also listening to country music as I was doing country line dancing - seriously! I have always loved music and I loved making mixed tapes even back then. I would beg my parents to get me blank cassettes so I could record my favorite songs off of the radio. There was a fine art to pushing the record button at just the right moment as if not to record the deejay's voice! I am also a little bit of a perfectionist and I spent a lot of time re-recording my tapes to get them just right!

Some of the artists that I would have been recording included: Madonna, Billy Ray Cyrus, Michael Jackson, Celine Dion, Boys II Men, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. It was an eclectic mix and I've kept my love for eclectic music as an adult!

Who were you listening to in 1992?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...