Friday, February 8, 2013

Review: Mending the Line by Christy Hayes

Title: Mending the Line
Author: Christy Hayes
Format: Ebook
Publisher: CAH LLC
Publish Date: November 2012
Source: I received a copy from the author; however, this did not affect my review.






Why You're Reading This Book:

  • You're a romance fan.
What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Jill Jennings’ dream of becoming an elite runner turns into a nightmare when she breaks her leg less than a year before the Olympic trials. After two surgeries and a lengthy rehabilitation, she’s ready to pursue her goal again. Or is she…

Jill’s healing and ready to hit the pavement, but her passion for the sport she’d planned to make her career unexpectedly wanes. On a whim, she changes course and runs right into tall, blonde, and gorgeous Tyler Bloodworth. Fly fisherman come and go in south central Colorado, but Ty’s back for a second summer, minus his girlfriend and hotter than ever.

Tyler Bloodworth's life plan to start a fly-fishing business with his dad back home in North Carolina is suddenly snagged when Jill Jennings runs circles around his heart during a summer stint as a fishing guide in Colorado. Back for a second summer, he sets his bait and casts his line, but Jill's not so easy to catch.

A catch and release fisherman hooks the one girl he won’t let go. A distance runner with big dreams and an uncertain future falls hard for a summer fling. Can Jill risk losing her career and her heart to Tyler when he’ll be gone in a few months, or will Ty reel in the biggest catch of his life?"


My Two Cents:

Mending the Line is a romance novel about Tyler, a fisherman, and Jill, a woman who once dreamed of running in the Olympics. This is a mostly sweet romance about two people who just are happy to have found each other.

Overall, I liked the story. It was a nice romance. Tyler and Jill fall for each other very quickly. Really Tyler falls first and it's not until he comes back to town almost a year after Jill and him first meet and then they fall really quickly. Usually I don't go for the whole insta-love thing but I really liked Tyler and I really liked Jill and they seemed so good together and really good for each other that it bothered me a little bit less. You really want them to end up together because they are both such nice people.

I thought that both Tyler and Jill were great characters. We learn a lot about them from their own actions. I also really liked that we got to see a lot of both of their families because it really helped to flesh out why Tyler and Jill were the way they were and why they did what they did. The families also added a lot to the story line.

As far as romances go, this one is mostly in the vein of sweet romances. There are a couple sex scenes but they are not gratuitous and they are really tastefully done. This book would be a good choice for when you're looking for a book to relax with.

Bottom line: A sweet romance!


 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish summer were here. I'd have this as my beach read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge romance fan unless its the comedy type. I get a kick out of those but I do a sweet romance once in a while. It's a nice break from the books that things don't always go so well in.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...