I've said it before and I'll say it again: 2012 has been a great year for reading and a great year for this blog but I want to change up a couple things so I figured that now would be the perfect time to make some reading resolutions for 2013.
- Read more of my own books: Oh woe is the book blogger who gets all of these free, shiny books in exchange for a simple review. Man, I did not do so well on getting through my own books this year. I got way too over-zealous in reviewing solicited books. I am going to try to make a strong effort to read all of those lovely books that are already on my shelf.
- Don't go challenge crazy: I am participating in two TBR challenges for the year. The first is the Historical Fiction challenge. The second is the Mount TBR challenge. That's it! I totally failed at the Mount TBR challenge this year so I'm hoping if I limit my focus that I will be able to actually meet my goal for that particular challenge
- Read ahead: I'm going to really try to get ahead with my reading so I can write reviews faster and post them longer in advance, which may make me a little less stressed and nutty.
- Change up my reading diet: Even though I'm an eclectic reader, I definitely have a heavy focus on fiction. I want to read more non-fiction in 2013 as well as more classics. Here's to being more well-rounded!
- Literary Locale: I started this little weekly feature on my blog and then stopped. This needs to change. Literary Locale is coming back!
Do you have any bookish resolutions for 2013?
I like to keep things simple.....I like both old and new books and accept only a handful of books for review each year. 2013 may be more focused on my TBR pile so I can just have fun. Happy reading in 2013!ReplyDelete
I'm really trying to accept fewer books for review. I just get soooo excited about all of the different books that are coming out that it makes it kind of hard!Delete
I did well with challenges this year, but plan to go "challenge free" in 2013.ReplyDelete
Happy New Year Meg.
Good for you! I'm hoping that the TBR challenge especially will keep me on track!Delete
Ah those challenges - I failed all except my GR one! Happy New Year and good luck with your resolutions :)ReplyDelete
Fingers crossed that I will do so much better this year!Delete
Awesome resolutions. I am seriously going to try to attack my tbr pile especially during my take control of your tbr pile in March event. I say this after buying oodles of books over the holiday break..I am trying new genres too, even though i read a broad spectrum of them now. I did sign up for a New Adult Challenge..since i am loving them right now, I also did goodreads and a cool bingo one, that should allow me to expand my tastes. Best of luck cupcake!ReplyDelete
Ooo, I should participate in the March challenge!!!Delete