On April 3, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment will release We Bought a Zoo to Blu-ray and DVD. We Bought a Zoo stars Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson and is based on the true story and novel by Ben Mee, real-life zoo owner in England - he resides in the English countryside with family as he takes care of the Dartmoor Zoo - http://www.dartmoorzoo.org/.
I think that seeing the differences between original books and the movies that are based off of the books is absolutely fascinating. In some cases, the movie stays very close to the book and in other cases, the movie is quite different from the book. In the case of We Bought a Zoo, the case is really the latter. I had a chance this past weekend to watch the movie and read the book. While the movie changes many of the details of the book, the spirit of both the book and the movie are very much the same: family is important and can help you get through anything!
I thought it was really fantastic how the story changed between the book and the movie yet the spirit stayed the same. I loved both the book and the movie!
Some of the basic differences that I noticed:
- Book: Benjamin Mee is English.
- Movie: Benjamin Mee is American.
- Book: Benjamin Mee buys the zoo with a lot of different family members.
- Movie: Benjamin Mee buys the zoo with just his two children in tow.
My Questions for You:
- Have you seen the movie or read the book? What do you think?
- Were you happy with the changes that were made between the two?
Thanks to Think Jam, I am able to give away a We Bought a Zoo prize pack which includes a dvd and a book.
a Rafflecopter giveaway