Saturday, February 13, 2016

Review: How to Mend a Heart by Sara Gillingham

Title: How to Mend a Heart 
Author: Sara Gillingham
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Publish Date: December 22, 2015
Source: Publisher



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "A charming arts-and-crafts approach to dealing with first moments of heartbreak. Be it caused by a lost pet, a friend’s moving away, or even simple childhood injustice, Sara Gillingham (How to Grow a Friend) understands the gentle touch needed to soothe a sore heart. Her fresh and whimsical design makes an enticing vehicle for her advice."

My Two Cents:

Since my girls were born, I've started to read way more children's literature. We have story time every single night and I read a lot to them when we are all together. "How to Mend a Heart" has so many of the factors that I look for in children's lit. The story is sweet and was a perfect pick for Valentine's Day. The pictures are fantastic (this is especially important for my almost ten month olds). They are bright, cheery, and cute. This is definitely a story full of aww's and one that I know we will be reading a lot! 


1 comment:

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...