Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Review: In a Daze Work: A Pick-Your-Path Journey Through the Daily Grind by Siobhan Gallagher

Title: In a Daze Work: A Pick-Your-Path Journey Through the Daily Grind
Author: Siobhan Gallagher
Format: ARC
Publisher: Tarcher Perigree
Publish Date: July 25, 2017 (Today!)
Source: Publisher



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "From small-talk to dating to death, In A Daze Work is an exciting, playful new spin on the minute and mundane decisions that make up your daily life. 
Each flip of the page puts you in control of the story: 
Will you stay in or go out?
Do you wake up or sleep in?
How will you navigate a bad date, or a party full of cookie-cutter couples (available in vanilla flavor only)? 
More importantly, where will your decisions take you? 
Bringing humor and sly self-reflection to the humdrum details of adulthood with hand-drawn illustrations and sharp wit, this relatable visual journey will help you find the extraordinary (or at least hilarious) moments in any day of the week."

My Two Cents:

"In a Daze Work" is a choose-your-own-adventure book for adults. As a kid who grew up in the 80s and 90s, I loved, loved, loved choose-your-own-adventure books! Even without having to pick the next page, books have always felt interactive to me but the CYOA books always had that extra oomph of super interactivity that I loved. I was excited to see what a CYOA geared for adults might look like!

So how does this genre work for adults? Well (if you have Siobhan Gallagher's wit and adorable illustrations at the helm). This book takes us through a normal day of either work during the week or (relative) pleasure during the weekend. Adventure may be a bit too cheery of a description for what for most adults is just life. Gallagher makes us laugh at ourselves though, which is really where the true beauty of the book lies!

I could see this book being a good gift for a friend that just needs a good laugh. I had fun going through the book a few times just to see if I would find something new to laugh at during my journeys (and I did). This book is a lot of fun!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...