Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Review: The Dream You Make by Christine Nolfi

Title: The Dream You Make
Author: Christine Nolfi
Format: Ebook
Publisher: Self-published
Publish Date: June 13, 2013
Source: I received a copy from the author; however, this did not affect my review.






Why You're Reading This Book:

  • You're a romance fan.
What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Each day Annie McDaniel’s dream of a brighter future slips further away.

After her nephew’s world is destroyed in a burst of gunfire, Annie receives temporary custody of five-year-old Dillon. Now the greenhouse she managed with her late father isn’t bringing in enough money. If she doesn’t get her financial house in order, a judge will allow a couple in Baltimore to adopt Dillon—and remove him from her life forever.

Desperate, she takes on a second job at Rowe Marketing. The instant attraction she shares with Michael Rowe is a circumstance Annie can’t risk. But should she walk away from a love sure to last a lifetime?

Fresh, heartwarming and inspiring, The Dream You Make reveals that hope always carries the promise of new beginnings."

 
My Two Cents:

"The Dream You Make" is yet another book by Christine Nolfi. I've read a couple of her other books but let me tell you right off the bat, this book is my favorite book. It's a heartwarming romance with a great back story that makes the story feel really full.

This book has a lot of the elements that I've really enjoyed in Nolfi's other books. This book like the other ones was just a really warm story. This is exactly the kind of book that you read when you want the warm fuzzies. It's filled with characters that you want to know and that you will want to pull for throughout the book.

I loved the story of Annie trying to get custody of her late sister's little son, Dillon. I really felt for their situation. This is definitely one situation where you're pulling for the characters. You just want that poor little boy to have a really good place to call home.

This book is definitely also a romance. Some of Nolfi's other books definitely have romantic elements to them, which I really enjoyed. This one was no different.I really liked the romance in the story between Annie and Michael. I was also pulling for them throughout the entire book.

This book is great when you're looking for a heartwarming story to relax with!


2 comments:

  1. This sounds good Meg, and I love when the story is as good as the romance. I haven't tried this author, but will add this one to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, thank you for graciously reading and reviewing The Dream You Make. I'm thrilled you enjoyed the read!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...