Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-thon: Hour 1 – Let’s Get Ready to Rumble!!!!

So this is happening today:






I've got my coffee. I have a comfy place to read. I have snacks. I think I'm ready to go! And most importantly, I have a bunch of books. I'm not picking what books specifically I'm going to try to get to as I don't want to tie myself down. We'll just see wherever it is that my reading id wants to go!

Please excuse all of my updates!

Here's my introductory questionnaire:

What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I'm reading from the super sunny D.C./ MD/ VA area (lovingly known as the DMV). I have a feeling that a lot of my reading is going to get done outside today. It is beautiful out!


Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?



I purposely did not make a stack of books as I'm planning to read wherever my whims take me today. I feel that I am usually always reading from a list so I wanted to give myself a little more freedom.

Which snack are you most looking forward to?


I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on a lot of yummy things. I think I'm most excited for chips and guac. For dinner, I'm going to be trying a new brussel sprout recipe, which I'm excited about (yes, I'm kind of a weirdo).

Tell us a little something about yourself!


I'm a book obsessed 20-something year old who lives with my husband and two kitties. When I'm not reading, I spend a lot of time fixing up my 100+ year old house and I have very recently gotten into gardening.

If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This is my first rodeo so I'm just looking forward to plowing through books!

1 comment:

  1. Orange Crush, lemon ice!
    Read them once, read them twice!
    Read them high, read them low!
    Dewey’s Readers on the go!

    Happy Reading!
    Jennifer~Team Panda
    The Relentless Reader

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...