Thursday, January 31, 2013

Booking Through Thursday



This week's question is: Do you lend your books? Are any out on loan right now? Do you have any that have been loaned to you? Do you put a time limit on these? Do you think people should make an effort to read the loaned book quickly?

I do lend my books but I can be a little picky about who I lend books to. Above all, I just want to make sure that my book is returned to me in good condition. I do re-read books so I definitely want to make sure that I get the book back if it's a book I really like. I don't put a time limit on my loans (my sister has had one of my books now for over a year now); I'm just happy when people enjoy the books that I let them borrow. While I don't put time limits on the books that I loan out, if I am lent a book, I will try to read it as quickly as possible!

What say you?

Join in the fun here!

10 comments:

  1. In my case, I rarely lend books out...but have one friend with whom I exchange books occasionally...here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reader friends are far away so I only give books away, not lend. Here's my full BTT PostOn Lending Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loan my books without time limits too - although sometimes it has gotten me into trouble (i.e. books lost in the void)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very casual, I dont think I could do that. It gives me anxiety, haha.

    Manda C.
    My BTT: http://www.isolemnlyswear.com/2013/01/booking-through-thursday-lending-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do loan out books that I have already read. However, I draw the line with books I haven't read yet. I am not a re-reader of books, so that is not a problem with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Girls like to borrow my books, I hate when they borrow them before I have read them. Like right now they have Meant to Be..and I want it back :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. A year is a long time to have a book, it's good to have rules sometimes.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/booking-through-thursday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. After not getting many books back over the years, I set a personal rule that I wouldn't loan out anything I wouldn't be okay with losing! Though I know people don't intend to keep my books (or other items), it's very awkward having to remind them that you want your stuff back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My answer is "it depends"... both on the book and on the borrower
    http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.se/2013/01/btt-on-loan.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here. Condition lend must be the same condition when returned. No water stains, coffee stains or whatnot please!

    Here's my Booking Through Thursday post

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...