Monday, January 14, 2013

Odds and Ends: Farm Show

Guys, where do the weekends go? The husband and I were up in Pennsylvania this weekend to see family and friends and to go to the infamous Farm Show. What is the Farm Show you ask? The Farm Show is basically a country fair minus the rides so there's good food, awesome animals, rodeos, tractor shows, farm equipment, etc. I love going to see the animals. Being raised a thoroughly suburban girl, I didn't get to hang around with cows or chickens much growing up so the novelty of getting to see all of the farm animals is very much still there for me.

And of course, there is the butter sculpture, which is not to be missed if you  go to the Farm Show. It is exactly what it sounds like: a sculpture made of butter. Each year it's a little different. Below is a picture of what it looked like this year.

Oohs and ahhs, people, oohs and ahhs.

Like I said, I also like getting to play with the animals. I even found an animal that I would really like in my backyard.

Baby cow!!!
I need this baby cow in my life (I don't care what my neighbors say). She was so, so cute. I got to pet her a little and she gave my fingers big sloppy cow kisses. It totally made my day!

I loved the Farm Show and can't wait to go again next year!

How was your weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Aww, the Farm Show sounds like tons of fun! I have lots of family in Pennsylvania and Virginia, most of which is rural, and I enjoy getting out of the busy D.C. area to catch up with them where there's far less hustle and bustle. And that baby cow is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love this area but it's nice to go places where it's a little quieter and life seems to move a little slower.

      Delete
  2. Was there a bagel exhibit to go along with the butter display? LOL - sorry just tired:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butter sculpture is awesome! We took some city cousins to the state fair several years ago and got to see several animals - mini ponies, cows, goats, chickens, etc. And as we passed each stall, each animal had a bowel movement. Now, I live on a small farm, so I wasn't phased, but the city kids...well, I still remember their faces and giggle inside.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...