Monday, August 3, 2020

Hello, it's me!

The pandemic has been weird, everyone! Some days I feel like everything is going okay and I'm hitting a groove and then I'll go through weeks and weeks where everything feels super terrible and I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. And the past several weeks have been just that: I've been putting a lot of hours in at the day job as we're in a busy period.  I've been trying to keep the kids entertained and because I'm feeling super guilty about having to work so much, I'm trying to throw myself into making this weird time that we're living in *MAGICAL* for the children. I'm trying to do all the things while not being able to focus or feel like I'm doing anything well. I also lost my sweet 18 year old kitty, Totoro. He was my buddy through so much all the way since college. And reading, which is my usual oasis, has been so hard to focus on. I find my mind wandering as soon as I sit down to start reading. I think the late June - July period is the longest that I've had this rut during the past few months and it has sucked.

Last week, I finally felt a bit of relief. I don't know where it came from, which is making it hard to know how to hang on to this feeling but I'm trying to be in the moment and ride the waves as they come at me. One, well two, small reasons could be our new additions. We adopted two kittens (I never wanted kittens and suddenly we have three kitties in our house). They are so sweet and so fun and they are keeping us all on our toes. We named them Amelia (calico) and Fred (orange) after Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan. They're bringing a lot of joy to the whole family at this ridiculous time. I know there are probably going to be more trying days ahead but I'm trying to find happiness in the everyday. So I'm back here again!

What are you all doing to maintain your sanity during these trying times?

9 comments:

  1. Fred & Amelia are adorable. So sorry about the loss of your 18 year old cat. We lost our Buddy in Nov of 2018 at 16 and missed him so much we adopted Lucy and Ricky the following month (they were 7 mths old). Best thing we did.

    This pandemic has been terrible for everyone. Some good week but, terrible ones as well. Stay safe Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. times are troubling that's for sure. i take it one day at a time, some not so good and some okay. i love your sweet kitties and i see they have their eye on you. :-) hang in there and stay safe
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard at the moment. Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss. The two new kitties are adorable, and I'm glad they've cheered you up. We live in unsettling times, and be sure you're not alone in feeling down in the ruts. Just hang in there and be safe and well, and savor the little happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...