Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Review: Novel Interiors: Living in Enchanted Rooms Inspired by Literature by Lisa Borgnes Giramonti

Title: Novel Interiors: Living in Enchanted Rooms Inspired by Literature 
Author: Lisa Borgnes Giramonti
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Potter Style
Publish Date: December 2, 2014
Source: Publisher



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "For those who have ever lost themselves in the stylish worlds of novels like Sense and Sensibility, The Age of Innocence, Wuthering Heights, The Picture of Dorian Gray and countless others, this design book embraces the fantasy of time and place, showing you how to bring some of those elements into your own home.

Lisa Giramonti inspires a new approach to decorating: by teaching us through the lens of worlds we may already know and love. With gorgeous photographs by World of Interiors photographer Ivan Terestchenko, aspirational quotes, and tailored reading lists, Novel Interiors reveals the essence and details of interiors mentioned in great literary works. This is a stunning, photo-driven book that shares enchanting and timeless ways to live more elegantly."


My Two Cents:

"Novel Interiors" is a coffee table- type book with beautiful pictures of rooms inspired by famous literature. Now, I love coffee table books. My husband always teases me about liking them a little bit too much.  I absolutely adore them and  I have tons of them, so many that they most definitely would not fit actually on my coffee table. This book was a great addition to my collection. I loved the pictures and the stories behind the pictures. I know that my fellow literature lovers are going to enjoy this book as well!

I really loved this book and it's one that I know I will continue to look at a lot. I think I may have even gotten some good ideas for my own home where the books are plentiful and the need to be surrounded by all things literary are great!

This book may not be for everyone. This book is best for those looking for more cozy spaces rather than wide open, clean line type spaces. The style is perfect for my very old Victorian house! As I find myself among those that seek coziness, I really enjoyed this book.  



1 comment:

  1. I am going to check and see if this book is available at my library. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...