Sunday, May 18, 2014

Gaithersburg Book Festival!

I had a very book filled weekend (just how I like it)! On Saturday, I held a meeting of the Historical Novel Society - Chesapeake Bay chapter at my house. If you like historical fiction, I definitely suggest finding a local chapter. I have met so many amazing people through my chapter and I love meeting with them. I believe I am the only book blogger in the group. Most of the group is made up of published authors and aspiring authors with a sprinkling of readers. It's a lot of fun. Our meetings are always both fun and entertaining. But I digress... we had a great meeting and then went over to the Gaithersburg Book Festival to watch one of our fellow members, Erika Robuck, speak about her latest release "Fallen Beauty."

This was my first time at the Gaithersburg Book Festival and it is amazing to me how many amazing people they get to come to this festival. If you're in the area, it's definitely worth stopping by.


Here are some of my pictures from the day:

Here's the lovely Erika Robuck speaking!

Here's Brigid Schulte and Scott Stossel speaking about stress and anxiety. They definitely gave a good talk.
Here's Anna Holmes from Jezebel.
And last but not least, this was probably the highlight of the festival for me.... I got Anthony Marra (who has the distinct honor of having written one of my very favorite books last year and ever, "A Constellation of Vital Phenomena") to take a selfie with me. He was so nice and so kind! He took time to speak to everyone that was in his line and drew me a little picture in my book.

Anthony Marra and I.

What did you do this weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...