Sunday, February 2, 2014

My Reader Badge

One of my favorite things about being a book blogger is that it has become a veritable badge for boldly telling other people that I like to read. I'm a fairly shy person until I really get to know you and books have always been a good topic to really open me up to other people.  I love talking about my blog and what I'm reading with other people. Most of the time they seem to want to know more about the books I'm reading and my blog, which is always really cool. I also get random bookish postings on my personal Facebook from friends near and far just because they think it's something that I, reader extraordinaire, would enjoy. It is oh so cool!







Until I started my book blog, I wasn't always comfortable with talking about my love of reading. I often felt like the only one of my friends that really, truly enjoyed reading and so I just didn't talk about it. Once I started my blog, I realized that there were a lot of people out there that loved reading just as much as I did. Once friends in real life started finding out about my blog, they thought it was pretty cool too!

I'm proud to wear this blog as my reader badge to show my love of reading and sharing books with other people!

How do you wear your reader badge?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a lot of friends that love reading as much as I do, and blogging became that escape for me. Now, coworkers and friends constantly ask me about what I'm reading and my blog. I really enjoy blogging, and whenever life seems to get in the way, I try to find my way back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I've noticed is that when I tell people i like to read, they say they do to - they read almost 10 books last year. I think i need to tell people i consume books like they consume food. It is an obsession and a compulsion. I still fell shy about talking about my blog, but when i do there is usually such a positive response.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...