Sunday, December 22, 2013

Best Books of 2013!

Tis the season for lots and lots of end of the year book lists, which means that my TBR list is seemingly growing like kudzu. To add to all of the noise, I thought it was time to put together my best-of list for 2013. After reading 300 plus books this year (I had a great reading year), here are the books that I absolutely loved this year. These are the books that I find myself recommending over and over and over again. These are the books that I want to talk about to everyone I meet!

Here they are (in no particular order; it was hard enough to pick these books without ranking them):

1. Allergies Away by Ginger Park and Frances Park: 

Food allergies seem to abound these days. This book makes it a little easier to deal.

My Review

2. Dream Plants for the Natural Garden by Piet Oudolf and Henk Gerritsen:

Gorgeous pictures and gorgeous ideas for your garden!

My Review

3. Buried in Books by Julie Rugg:

A treat for those whose lives are filled with books!

My Review

4. Inside the White House by Noel Grove, Joel D. Treese (Contributor), William B. Bushong (Contributor):

A beautiful book filled with the history of one of the most famous houses in the world!

My Review

5. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff:

A great story about friendships built over books (is there a better kind?).

My Review

6. Empress of the Seven Hills by Kate Quinn:

Great characters, great historical detail, and oh, there's a killer cliffhanger to boot!

 (This review will be up on the blog this week but you can read my Goodreads review now)

7. Archetype by M.D. Waters:

Great sci-fi and a wonderful opening to a series that I'm quite excited for!

My Review

 8. A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra:

A stunning debut that will tug on your emotions!

My Review

9. Daughters of the Nile by Stephanie Dray:

Lovely historical detail, a kick-ass heroine, and a great ending to a trilogy!

My Review

10. The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban:

 A great story with memorable characters! This book will slay your emotions!

My Review

What were some of your favorite reads this year?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list. I linked to your its at my bog, Semicolon, and I took the liberty of suggesting a couple of books you might want to check out. http://www.semicolonblog.com/?p=21875

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see Daughters of the Nile on your list, as I'll be reading that one this month. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...