Wednesday, July 17, 2013

HF Virtual Book Tours Guest Post: Stephanie Lehmann, Author of Astor Place Vintage

I am very happy to welcome Stephanie Lehmann, author of Astor Place Vintage here to A Bookish Affair.







Why I Love Vintage Clothing

History –Vintage clothing can conjure up an era, a decade, a slice of time. The details of the garment’s construction are clues that help to reveal its age. The more I learn about what was worn during a certain time in history, the more I understand the people who lived during those times.

Mystery – That dress has a past. It used to belong to someone else. Who? When? Where? I don’t necessarily want to know -- that could be disappointing. The fact that I can’t know is what intrigues me more. It’s as if the clothing knows more than I do.

Disguise – When I wear something from the past, I’m dressing up in a costume. So even if it’s a regular day, that day feels more special. I can pretend to be a twenties flapper, a depression era housewife, a working girl from the forties, a bombshell from the fifties…. Well, actually, I can’t quite pull off the fifties bombshell thing. I guess that’s why I write fiction with characters who can!

Prize – We all spend energy searching for clothing that we love. But the fact that a vintage dress is (most likely) a one-of-a-kind survivor means that finding something that makes my heart beat faster and also fits (!) involves a certain amount of luck and kismet. So when I do come upon something special, I really feel like I’m hitting the jackpot.  

Follow the Rest of the Tour:

Monday, July 8
Review at Confessions of an Avid Reader
Tuesday, July 9
Review at Ageless Pages Reviews
Wednesday, July 10
Review at Turning the Pages
Interview at Let Them Read Books
Thursday, July 11
Review at So Many Books, So Little Time
Friday, July 12
Review at The Lit Bitch
Review at Peeking Between the Pages
Monday, July 15
Review at Oh, for the Hook of a Book!
Tuesday, July 16
Review at A Bookish Affair
Wednesday, July 17
Guest Post at A Bookish Affair
Thursday, July 18
Review at A Bookish Libraria
Friday, July 19
Interview at Oh, for the Hook of a Book!
 photo 82299cc0-983a-406b-a396-c45fccecaacc.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...