Let's play a game!
|Not this one.|
How to play:
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Here are my questions for you all:
- What's your favorite book ever?
- What book would you recommend for
- If you could take a trip anywhere, where would you go?
- What's your favorite kind of music?
- What would you pick as your last meal?
- What's your favorite animal?
Here are Kate's questions:
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? I'm a big fan of mint chocolate chip.
- What’s in your purse? Oh man, you don't want to know. I have my life in my purse. Any situation, I will be prepared!
- If you could meet one author, who would it be and why? That's such a hard question. There are so many that I want to meet. I was really hopeful that I would get to meet Augusten Burroughs this week or at least watch him record a radio show. He's going to be in DC this week recording a show but I don't think that I got tickets... at least I haven't heard whether or not I've gotten tickets.
- If money were no object, what is one thing you would buy yourself right now? I'd buy a trip to Europe for my husband and I. I'd go all out!!!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? When I grow up? I'd love to own a coffee shop/ bookstore. I think that could be fabulous.
- What’s another hobby besides reading? I love, love, love to travel. There's nothing like just wandering around a brand new place.
- Favorite recipe (link to it, if you can!)? Oh man, probably something my mom or my husband makes and both are fab cooks and therefore, it's too hard to pick just one thing.
- Sweet or Sour? I'm a sweets lover!
- What is one movie you could watch over and over again? Forrest Gump is one of my very favorite movies.
- Have you ever been to a play? I've been to tons of plays. Growing up around DC, a fab cultural center, there were many opportunities to see plays. I've also been to tons and tons of musicals.
- Why did you start blogging? I started book blogging basically because I had already been skulking around other book blogs and said "Hey, I think this would be fun." And it is so much fun!
Here are Shirley's questions
- Who is your favourite author and why? What is your favourite book(s) written by him/her? One of my favorite authors is Gabriel Garcia-Marquez and I love Love in the Time of Cholera.
- When did you begin blogging and why a book blog? I've been blogging for years and years but I've only been book blogging for just under a year. I love books and loved the idea of connecting with other readers.
- If you were to aspire to being a writer, who would you like to be compared to and why? I'd love to be compared to so many different authors. Augusten Burroughs comes to mind. He's fabulous.
- What is your favourite genre? Please explain. I love historical fiction. I'm a huge history buff so historical fiction is a natural fit for me.
- What is your all-time favourite book? Please explain what makes it your favourite. This is another hard question. I have so many favorites. Running With Scissors by Burroughs and The Time Traveler's Wife by Niffenegger come to mind.
- Which book do you feel has had the greatest influence in your life? Yeah, this is another hard one. I first read the Time Traveler's Wife right after going through a really hard break-up in college and it was one that sort of made me see that everything could turn out okay love-wise.
- Which book have you re-read the most? Explain. Probably Running With Scissors.
- If you were stranded on a tropical island, what items would you want with you? Which book would you want to read? I'd definitely bring my Kindle, which is already loaded with tons of books and I would be very hopeful that I'd have a wifi signal just in case I ran out of books ;)
- Do you have a favourite spot to read in? Describe. I love reading in this gorgeous park by my house. It's so nice when the weather is nice.
- Do you make reading selections according to your moods? What influences your reading choices? I find that I read a lot more serious books when the weather is cold and dreary. I read lighter books during the summer!
- E-books or physical books? Why? Physical books, definitely. I love the feel of the paper and the experience