Tuesday, January 22, 2019

TLC Book Tours Review: Something Worth Saving by Sandi Ward

Title: Something Worth Saving
Author: Sandi Ward 
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Kensington
Publish Date: December 18, 2018
Source: TLC Book Tours



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "A boy and his cat. It's an unconventional friendship, perhaps, but for Charlie and Lily, it works beautifully. It was Charlie who chose Lily from among all the cats in the shelter. He didn't frown, the way other humans did, when he saw her injured back leg, the legacy of a cruel previous owner. Instead, Charlie insisted on rescuing her. Now Lily wants to do the same for Charlie.

She's the only one who's seen the bruises on Charlie's body. If she knew who was hurting him, she'd scratch their eyes out. But she can't fix this by herself. Lily needs to get the rest of the family to focus on Charlie--not easy when they're wrapped up in their own problems. Charlie's mother kicked his father out weeks ago and has a new boyfriend who seems charming, but is still a stranger. Oldest son Kevin misses his father desperately. Victoria, Charlie's sister, also has someone new in her life, and Lily is decidedly suspicious. Even Charlie's father, who Lily loves dearly, is behaving strangely.

Lily knows what it's like to feel helpless. But she also knows that you don't always have to be the biggest or the strongest to fight fiercely for the ones you love . . ."


My Two Cents:

"Something Worth Saving" is the story of Lily, a sweet, fluffy cat who loves her life with her family. Things are rapidly changing though. The parents are separated and getting divorced. Each of the three children are dealing with difficulties both inside and outside of the home. Lily wants to help but all she really has is the love that she can give each member of the family.

You all may know this from reading my blog but I am a huge animal lover so I was immediately drawn to this book. Animals are so special and the author definitely captures this in Lily and Gretel, the rescued police dog that she lives with. I loved seeing how Lily and Gretel both try to help their owners throughout the book. Time and time again, they use their love to make things better in some really difficult situations.

This book covers a lot of difficult subjects like bullying, abuse, bad boyfriends, and changing families. It was interesting to see it from the perspective of a savvy cat like Lily. The book goes in a lot of different directions and while I enjoyed seeing everything going on, I did wish there were some areas where there was a little more back story or explanation. That being said, overall, this was a sweet read that had a good mix of drama and goodness.


 

4 comments:

  1. The cover is soooo cute. Glad you enjoyed it.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of an animal narrator. I often wonder what my animals are thinking!

    Thanks for being on this tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not normally drawn to an animal story (though I do have pets that I love). But this one sounds good. I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Contact Dr.mack201@ gmail. com! and have your Ex lover back in 3 days,………………………..???? YES I am so happy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...