Thursday, September 28, 2017

Review: There's Nothing to Do! by Dev Petty, Illustrated by Mike Boldt

Title: There's Nothing to Do!
Authors: Dev Petty, Illustrated by Mike Boldt
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Doubleday Books for Young Readers
Publish Date: September 19, 2017
Source: Publisher



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Frog is bored. He can't find ANYTHING to do--even when his animal friends make good suggestions, like sleeping all day, licking between his toes, or hopping around and then staring off into space. Will he find a fun and exciting way to spend his day?"

My Two Cents:

In "There's Nothing to Do," there is a little frog and he is BORED. He believes there's nothing to do and everything everyone else in the book suggests is even more boring than the suggestion before.

My girls are too young to understand what being bored is but oh, do I remember complaining about being bored to my parents when I was little. This is a very common situation. The book has a good message about coming up with things to do and thinking in such a way that you'll never be bored.

The standout in the book for me is the illustrations. They are great! The animals are adorable and the pictures are so funny. My girls loved naming all of the animals and pointing out what they were doing.

This was a great book and definitely one that my girls love revisiting over and over again!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...