Monday, September 4, 2017

Review: Text, Don't Call: An Illustrated Guide to the Introverted Life by Aaron Caycedo-Kimura

Title: Text, Don't Call: An Illustrated Guide to the Introverted Life
Author: Aaron Caycedo-Kimura
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Tarcher Perigree
Publish Date: August 15, 2017
Source: Publisher



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Introversion is "in." But there are still many misconceptions about introverts in the world. They're shy. Anti-social. They don't want to have close relationships. They're all cat people. They don't like big parties (okay, that last one might be true).
INFJoe, the cartoon persona of artist and introvert Aaron Caycedo-Kimura, is here to set the record straight. Filled with charming comic book style illustrations, this book provides invaluable insights into the introverted life with plenty of humor and wit. Full of moments that will make introverts say, "That's so me!" as well as helpful tips on surviving at parties and in the workplace, Text, Don't Call is the perfect gift for your quiet friends, or the extroverted ones who could use some help to better understand the introverts in their lives."


My Two Cents:

"Text, Don't Call" is a collection of great comics and an explainer of sorts for all of my fellow introverts. My introverted-ness mostly comes out in how I recharge. When I interact with others, I've had a lot of people seem very surprised that I'm introverted. I'm social but if I don't get alone time (like really, really, really all alone time with no other humans - animals are okay!), I don't function well. This book talks about introverts like me as well as many other types, including the more traditional super quiet, super introspective kind of introvert.

So many of the comics made me laugh because they are so spot on. I especially liked the ones about recharging (there's one with a battery that hit the nail on the head for me). I had to show this one to my husband who recharges very differently than me and is always mystified by my need for alone time - hah!

I could see this book being a great gift pick for other introverts!


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, this looks like a goodie. Please bring this over to Books You Loved: September so everyone can see it. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  2. "if I don't get alone time (like really, really, really all alone time with no other humans - animals are okay!), I don't function well"
    ....that is SO me!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...