Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Review: If I Stay Movie

One of the things that I love about having both of my sisters living so close to me is that we have a lot of chances for random get togethers and one of our favorite get togethers, is a good, old fashioned movie night. A couple weeks ago, I invited my middle sister (I'm the oldest of three girls) to come over to watch "If I Stay" with me. Thanks to Think Jam and Fox Home Entertainment, we had all the gear we needed for a great movie night!






Here we have a soft blanket to cuddle with, candy, popcorn, hot chocolate, tissues to cry with, and a mug.  All of this made for a perfect combo! It was also pretty cool to be able to watch and tweet along with author Gayle Forman

So how was the movie? To start off, it got two thumbs up from both my sister and I. I had read "If I Stay" while my sister had not read the book but both of us still enjoyed it a lot. I liked how closely it stayed to the book while my sister appreciated seeing the story for the first time. You will definitely enjoy this movie whether or not you have read the book (although, I think that you should definitely read the book first because it is always much better that way).

The movie stars Chloe Grace Moretz as Mia, a classical music loving teen who dreams of going to Julliard. It also stars Jamie Blackley as Adam, the guy who steals Mia's heart and makes her wonder about whether or not she is making the right choice when it comes to where she wants to go to school. I loved both of these actors and how they brought such great, strong characters to life. Their acting definitely brought forth the tears. This is definitely a heartfelt movie.

One thing that I really liked is that through the tweet along, I learned just how involved Forman was with the movie. Oftentimes, it seems like you find authors not being really involved when their books are made into movies but in this particular movie, you can definitely see Forman's touch, which made the movie extra special. One of the things that I really enjoyed about the movie was the music. During the tweet along, Forman gave us some insight into how the music was recorded for the movie, which was especially cool as so much of the movie revolves around music.

Overall, I thought this was a great adaptation that both new and old fans alike will fall for!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie. I loved the book, but haven't seen the movie yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...