Thursday, November 6, 2014

Review: The Story of Fester Cat by Paul Magrs

Title: The Story of Fester Cat
Author: Paul Magrs
Format: Ebook
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Publish Date: November 4, 2014
Source: Netgalley






What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "I always knew that the rest of my story is gonna be a good one. I don’t know how I knew that, but I always did. Ungow! I am Fester the cat. Welcome to my book, everyone!

From when he first ambled into Paul Magrs’s yard—skinny, covered in flea bites, and missing all but one and a half teeth—Fester knew he’d found his family. Paul and his partner, Jeremy, thought it was the ragged black-and-white stray, tired from a rough life on the streets, who was in desperate need of support. But clever Fester knew better. He understood that it was his newfound owners who needed the help.

Over the course of seven years, the feisty feline turned the quaint Manchester house into a loving home. Through his fierce spirit, strong will, and calming energy, Fester taught Paul and Jeremy how to listen and breathe, how to appreciate the joys of simply sitting and singing (what Fester’s purrs sounded like to his silly humans), and how to find joy and contentment in life, even when dealing with hardship.

This is the true story of an extraordinary little cat whose gentle charm and trusting soul turned two young men into a family."


My Two Cents:

"The Story of Fester Cat" is a warm and cuddly tale about writer Paul Magrs cat, Fester. He is a stray that ends up coming to stay with Paul and his partner. While he is street savvy, he is much happier to stay at home with his owners being treated to treats (even if it means having to deal with Panda, a stuffed panda - Fester is not really a fan)!  The story is told from Fester's perspective, which made it fully entertaining and definitely unique!

It is no secret that I am an animal lover and I love books about animals.  That alone made me eager to read this book! I was engaged from the very first page and the story of Fester kept me reading. You don't necessarily have to be a cat lover in order to enjoy this book! The book is written by Paul but told from Fester's perspective and through Fester's perspective, we can see how much Paul and his partner, Jeremy, care for Fester and how wonderfully beneficial their relationship is for both the humans and the animal. It definitely made me thankful for the special animals I know or have known.

This probably could have been a good book if it had just been told from Paul's perspective but I really loved that Fester gets to tell his own story. We get to see the world through Fester's eyes. He has a very funny personality and I loved reading about him.

If you enjoy cute stories with plenty of fluffy cuteness, this book is for you!


 

1 comment:

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...