Monday, October 6, 2014

Review: The Forks Over Knives Plan by Alona Pulde, Matt Lederman

Title: The Forks Over Knives Plan
Authors: Alona Pulde, Matt Lederman, Marah Stets
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Touchstone
Publish Date: September 16, 2014
Source: I received a copy from the PR; however, this did not affect my review.






What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "The trailblazing film Forks Over Knives exposed an entirely new generation to the whole-food, plant-based nutrition revolution and inspired thousands to want to transform their diets, and their lives. With so many people looking for change, the outstanding question became, How can we put these dietary ideas into practice? That's what authors Alona Pulde and Matthew Lederman reveal in The Forks Over Knives Plan: The 4-Week Guide to Whole-Food, Plant-Based Health;a clear, easy-to-follow plan that outlines the steps to take each week to transform your diet by cutting out animal-based and processed foods."

My Two Cents:

"The Forks Over Knives Plan" is the book from the doctors who appeared and the Forks Over Knives documentary that so many people have watched. If you are familiar with the concept of these doctors, they believe that the most important diet that one can undertake in their life is one that requires whole foods and a plant-based diet. I'm always interested in different ideas about diet and the food that we eat, so I was interested to pick up this book to see what the doctors had to say.

This book is about how to go from me eating everything to transitioning to only eat the whole food plant-based diet that the doctors prescribe. They talk about all of the different claims that their patients and other people who have undertaken this transition have made. It's diet is supposed to improve health and wellness. It also includes a lot of recipes, which was really good for me. I definitely will make some of the recipes in the future. I think that it's always a great idea to move towards eating more healthfully and I believe that this book may help some people. Some of the claim seem to be a little bit aggressive but it's worth a shot!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...