Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Nutella: The 30 best recipes by Ferrero

Title: Nutella: The 30 best recipes
Author: Ferrero
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Jacqui Small LLC
Publish Date: August 20, 2013
Source: I received a copy from the publisher; however, this did not affect my review.






Why You're Reading This Book:

  • You believe chocolate is magical.
  • You believe that Nutella is really magical.
What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "From irresistible macaroons to tasty cheesecakes, discover new ways of using, cooking and enjoying Nutella with 30 mouthwatering recipes. 30 delicious recipes in a Nutella-shaped book for all the fans of the famous spread:

- little individual sweets: from a revisited version of bread with Nutella to Nutella and banana tartlettes
- generous Nutella cakes to share: cake roll, Twelfth Night cake or even a Nutella charlotte.
- creamy, ‘must have’ recipes: mousse and little cream
- surprising recipes to impress both young and old: macaroons, caramelized hazelnut stuffed truffles, little mango egg rolls"


My Two Cents:

I have a confession. I'm a major chocoholic; it's really a chronic condition. Full disclosure: for the past little while, I've been trying hard to eat cleanly (almost paleo-like) but one thing I just haven't been able to kick is my chocolate habit. Now I've known for a long time that Nutella has to be a gift from the gods as it is sooo amazing. I'm wild about Nutella and love eating it in many, many different forms. The flavor is absolute perfection.

I was so excited to receive this book. It was a surprise from the publisher and what a surprise it was! First, the book is shaped like a giant jar of Nutella. I was able to restrain myself enough from trying to eat the actual book to be able to actually open the pages. This book is filled with Nutella based desserts to absolutely thrill and entice you, your family, and your friends. Every single recipe sounded divine. The recipes range from pretty easy (banana and nutella milkshakes for instance) to potentially temperamental (Nutella macarons - oh my god!) so it's good for a wide variety of different levels of cooks.

I could see this book being a very fun book to give to the chocolate lover in your life! 


  

1 comment:

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...