Literary Locale is a meme here at A Bookish Affair on Fridays where I talk about where I've been reading lately or any other bookish locations that I feel like talking about. Feel free to grab the logo and play along!
A couple weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be able to get tickets to see her speak in May in D.C. I cannot wait! It's a dream come true!
So in preparation for seeing her in May, I'm trying to read/ re-read all or most of her books before I see her.
Here's the list of her books (from Wikipedia):
- The House of the Spirits (1982) La casa de los espíritus
- The Porcelain Fat Lady (1984) La gorda de porcelana
- Of Love and Shadows (1985) De amor y de sombra
- Eva Luna (1987) Eva Luna
- The Stories of Eva Luna (1989) Cuentos de Eva Luna
- The Infinite Plan (1991) El plan infinito
- Paula (1995) Paula
- Aphrodite: A Memoir of the Senses (1998) Afrodita
- Daughter of Fortune (1999) Hija de la fortuna
- Portrait in Sepia (2000) Retrato en sepia
- City of the Beasts (2002) La ciudad de las bestias
- My Invented Country: A Memoir (2003) Mi país inventado
- Kingdom of the Golden Dragon (2004) El reino del dragón de oro
- Zorro (2005) El Zorro: Comienza la leyenda
- Forest of the Pygmies (2005) El bosque de los pigmeos
- Ines of My Soul (2006) Inés del alma mía
- The Sum of Our Days: A Memoir (2008) La suma de los días
- The Island Beneath the Sea (2010) La isla bajo el mar
- Maya's Notebook (2011) El Cuaderno de Maya
Where are you reading?