Friday, March 8, 2013

Literary Locale: I Love New York!

Literary Locale is a meme here at A Bookish Affair on Fridays where I talk about where I've been reading lately or any other bookish locations that I feel like talking about. Feel free to grab the logo and play along!

As you are reading this, I am probably either on my way to New York City or I'm already out enjoying the city. I have always loved New York. While I'm sure I would be trounced if I ever lived there, I love visiting!!! It's such a magic place for me. While we did not win the free night at the Library Hotel (thank you for anyone that voted for us), we will still be staying there. I am beside myself with excitement.

We are taking the train, which is another one of my great loves. I would definitely take the train over a plane any day! One reason that I love the train is that it gives me some built in reading time (never a bad thing, right?). I am trying to restrain myself and only bring my Kindle. I think I can do it. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to read but I've been going wild with buying ebooks recently (those deals really slay my willpower, guys).

To me, New York City is one of the coolest places to read about. I eat up books that are set there. There are so many good ones! Here are just a couple of my picks for awesome books set in New York!

The Jazz Age? A complicated love story? Great characters? Classic New York.

Another classic New York tale. I'm well overdue for a re-read of this one!

Holly Golightly is my homegirl. We both know that nothing bad can ever happen to you at Tiffany's!

Anthropomorphic tales were my jam back in the day. I loved this book so much! I just realized as I was pulling this picture for this blog that Garth Williams, the illustrator, also illustrated all of the Little House on the Prairie books, which I also love.

I love this book so much!

Have any good books about New York City? Where are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. um... Library Hotel? Why haven't I heard of this before?? WOW

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely amazing! I'm going to be posting all about it later this week. If you get a chance to go to NYC, stay there!!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to NYC, Meg. I've lived here for more years than I care to admit. Great city. Great books. For folks who like HF, I'd recommend Caleb Carr's "The Alienist" set in NYC 1896. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a great addition! I read that book in high school and it's one that really sticks with you for a long time!!!

      Delete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...