Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Best Books of 2012



Guys, this was a really good year for me reading-wise. I read over 270 books, which blew my original goal of 200 books out of the water! And I read a lot of good books! Lots of them and the good books that I read were amazing. Here's a list (in no particular order) of the good books I read:





Links to my reviews of these books:
Spirit of Lost Angels by Liza Perrat
The Athena Affect by Derrolyn Anderson
Is that a Fish in Your Ear? by David Bellos
Island Apart by Steven Raichlen
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Dead Radiance by T.G. Ayer
Ninepins by Rosy Thornton
The entire Marina's Tales Series by Derrolyn Anderson (1) (2) (3) (4)
Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden
At the Mercy of the Queen by Anne Clinard Barnhill
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
The Dragon's Harp by Rachael Pruitt
Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon
Written in Ashes by K. Hollan Van Zandt
Oleanna by Julie K. Rose
Chocolate Chocolate by Frances Park and Ginger Park
The Lost Crown by Sarah Miller
A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Come back tomorrow to see my list of my least favorite books!

What were some of your favorite books that you read this year?

15 comments:

  1. Two. Hundred. And seventy. Books?!?!?! I am... in awe. You're awesome. Agree with many of your top picks, including Sloppy Firsts -- one of my favorites! I'm sure your least favorite reads will be an interesting one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that I get to read a ton is the largest upside to my long commute on the Metro. And grad school kind of ruined me when it comes to reading slowly! Hah!

      I need to get through the rest of the Jessica Darling books. That's definitely one of those series where I'm hating that I have so few books left to enjoy that I'm sort of dragging my feet to read the last two!

      Delete
  2. I'm so *thrilled* Oleanna made it onto your list! WOOO!

    I have to thank you for your review of The Dragon's Harp--it's what made me buy it and I really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved, loved, loved Oleanna!!!

      Wasn't The Dragon's Harp so good???

      Delete
  3. My favorites this year:

    Toby's Room by Pat Barker
    Broken Harbpr by Tana French
    Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
    The Conviction by Robert Dugoni
    Defending Jacob by William Landay
    No Mark Upon Her by Deborah Crombie
    The Invisible Ones by Stef Penney
    One More River by Mary Glickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I haven't read any of these. I have a copy of Gone Girl that I'm really hoping to get to soon!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's AWESOME :O I'm glad that you have had such a great time with all these book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the list! I'm also a HUUUGE fan of Discovery of Witches, Cinder, and Anna and the French Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am counting down the days until Scarlet comes out. I usually don't pre-order books but that one I think I might pre-order so I can get my hot little hands on it quickly!

      Delete
  6. Awesome list!! I loved so many of these. My adult top 10 and YA top 10 will post on Dec 31st...a few of your books made my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a whole lot of books! I'm thrilled to be on the list! THank you so much. This is Anne Barnhill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's A LOT of books! I haven't read any of these but Rebecca has been on my to-read list forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw this by chance, Meg, and SO chuffed to see my book, Spirit of Lost Angels on your list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...