Thursday, January 5, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Interview, Part 1


This week's Booking Through Thursday Asks: If you could sit down and interview anyone, who would it be? And, what would you ask them?

Ooo, what a good question. It was really difficult to choose one person. I had to think a little bit about this but since I'm just starting to read F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby (not my first time but a re-read) and he's amazingly interesting.

I'd love to have a drink with him and ask him what it was like during the Jazz Age. I'd like to ask him about his very volatile relationship with his wife, Zelda. I'd love to know what inspired his books and what he thinks about his books being considered classics now.

Who would you interview?

8 comments:

  1. Would I be too intimidated to talk with any great author that I'd want to meet? I guess I'd be tongue tied, lol. Good questions and answer. If I could, I'd chat with Hemingway about one of my favorites, The Sun Also Rises (1926)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be delightful, wouldn't it? There's a Woody Allen movie that just came out on DVD, Midnight in Paris, in which the character goes back to the thirties in Paris and hangs out with F. Scott, Ernest Hemingway, etc.

    Here's MY BTT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great choice! Fitzgerald is so fascinating and his books are some of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be very exciting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Harvee Haha, I'd probably be way nervous too. That's exactly why I would propose having a gin and tonic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kat @ NoPageLeftBehind I really do think that his books capture the roaring 20s perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...