Thursday, April 21, 2011

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Title: Linger 
Author: Maggie Stiefvater 
Source: Library 

What's the Story?: 

"In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole." 

My two cents: 

This is the second installation of the tales of The Wolves of Mercy Falls. Grace is slowly coming to terms with a lot of things going on in her life. She finally starts speaking out against her absentee parents who forbid her to see Sam after they catch Sam sleeping over. She's also going through other changes that she doesn't quite understand yet. Sam is coming to terms with being the only one of his kind around when Cole, a rocker who was turned into a werewolf. Isabel, who lost her brother to the wolves, finds herself majorly attracted to Cole. 

I did like this book but found some parts a little longer than they needed to be. There doesn't seem to be a lot of big action. The characters simply seem to be moving towards their destinies. I almost wished that there was something more. I will definitely read the third book in the series just to see how things end (don't you feel like sometimes you have to do that with series?). 

My Review: 

3 out of 5 stars 





1 comment:

  1. I think I liked the first book better, too. On the other hand, I am looking forward to reading the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...