Friday, November 8, 2019

Review: Roar Like a Dandelion by Ruth Krauss

Title: Roar Like a Dandelion
Author: Ruth Krauss
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publish Date: October 1, 2019
Source: PR



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "From Ruth Krauss, the children’s book author of The Carrot Seed and A Hole Is to Dig, comes this never-before-published ABC book of one-liners—brought to life by artist Sergio Ruzzier.

Dance with a leaf.

Jump like a raindrop.

Sit in the sun and shine."


My Two Cents: 

"Roar Like a Dandelion" is an off the beaten path alphabet book with adorable drawings. With my four year old girls being in Pre-K, the alphabet and letters are big news in our household. My girls are learning to write and it is both cute and amazing at the same time. With the alphabet getting so much play at the A Bookish Affair household, we go through alphabet books at an alarming rate. Many of them seem the same so I'm appreciative of alphabet books that have something going for them like this one. This one has really funny things for each letter. Some of them are noises (like roaring like a dandelion however they roar) and others paint really lovely pictures in our heads. Because this is not your standard alphabet fare, it allowed me to ask my girls a lot of questions about what they think of certain things in the book and also acting them out. 

This was a really fun book and it's one that my girls ask for again and again! I also really love the art in the book - all of the little critters are so cute!

 

2 comments:


  1. I love a good page turner with engaging characters. My first novel is a psycho mystery and https://usabookreviewers.com/christmas-gift helped to get me many reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so cute, even for we grownups.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...