Saturday, February 18, 2017

Review: That's Me Loving You by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Title: That's Me Loving You
Author: Amy Krouse Rosenthal 
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Random House for Young Readers
Publish Date: December 27, 2016
Source: Publisher



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "From the author of the New York Times bestseller I Wish You More comes a book that promises continuous love and makes the perfect gift for fans of Emily Winfield Martin's The Wonderful Things You Will Be and those looking for something new to add to their shelves next to the classic The Runaway Bunny.

Wherever you are,
Wherever you go,
Always remember
And always know. . .

That feeling you always have in your heart?
That's me loving you.

Amy Krouse Rosenthal captures parents’ desire to be ever-present in this simple and touching poem offering reassurance of their love. Signs of affection can be found in the natural world around us—from a soft breeze to a shimmering star."


My Two Cents:

"That's Me Loving You" is a gorgeously illustrated book about how parents are still thinking and sending love to their little ones even when they are far away. The illustrations are lovely and dreamy and really stand out in this book. The story is simple and sweet. It's a perfect bedtime story!

It had always been my plan to go back to work after I had my girls. It was a hard decision but the right one for me and my family. Even when I'm gone, I want to make sure that my girls know that I am still thinking about them and sending them love. They are too young to really get that message but they do know that their mom and dad always come back.

This is the perfect book to share with little ones to show that love can come in unexpected forms even when we are far apart!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...